TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME TO THE MUNICIPALITY OF THESSALONIKI IN SUPPORT OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE INTEGRATED ACTION PLAN FOR THE INTEGRATION OF REFUGEES AND IMMIGRANTS
Major Development Agency Thessaloniki S.A. Organization for Local Development (MDAT S.A.) has received funding to provide a Technical Assistance Programme to the Municipality of Thessaloniki in support of the implementation of the Integrated Action Plan for the Integration of Refugees and Immigrants!
The Programme’s budget amounts to € 300,000 and is 100% funded by the Foundation Open Society Institute (FOSI).
Programme ends: 31/07/2021
The programme concerns the integrated approach to the support of refugees and immigrants through actions:
1. Preparation of a study on affordable / social housing that will cover the future housing needs of vulnerable groups. Study Title: “Research / study for affordable housing”
2.Actions to strengthen the social integration of refugees and immigrants, Employment Counseling, Approach to local businesses, Networking of employees and employers
3. Entrepreneurship, development of social entrepreneurship. Support in tax matters, submission of tax returns
4. Training of Employment and Entrepreneurship Consultants by Skilllab: New “tool” for assessing the skills of vulnerable groups and developing skills profiles
5. “Support to post-natal services” – “Support for women and couples in postpartum services”
6. Preparation of “Emergency Plan for Response to Humanitarian Crises in Thessaloniki” / “Emergency Plan in Response to Humanitarian Crises in Thessaloniki”
7. Support for psychosocial assistance services by cultural mediators / interpreters
8. Training of interpreters and mental health professionals in mental health / BABEL
9. Support (coverage of communication costs and printed material) of the Municipality of Thessaloniki and SEMP for events and information campaigns, publicity / awareness actions
10. Actions / information meetings in the community, networking with the local community (Community engagement activities)
11. Networking Actions